Decatur, AL Custody Lawyer
At The Lackey Law Firm, we understand how important your children are to you and we are dedicated to protecting your rights as a parent. Our experienced Decatur, AL custody lawyers can help you navigate the often complicated legal process and obtain the best possible outcome for your family.
We represent parents in a variety of custody matters, including:
- Child Custody and Visitation
- Child Support
- Modification of Custody Orders
- Enforcement of Custody Orders
- Parental Relocation
- Grandparent Visitation and Custody
Keep reading to learn more about how working with a Decatur, AL Custody Lawyer can benefit your case.
The Best Custody Lawyer in Decatur, AL
The Lackey Law Firm team is proud to be known as the best custody lawyer in Decatur, AL. Our team has the experience, compassion, and dedication necessary to help you through this difficult time.
We understand that no two families are the same and we will take the time to learn about your unique situation. We will then develop a customized legal strategy designed to achieve your objectives.
Some of the factors that we will consider when handling your case include:
- The age of your children
- Your custody arrangement
- Your work schedule
- The work schedule of the other parent
- The relationship between you and the other parent
- The relationship between your children and the other parent
- Whether there is a history of domestic violence or abuse
If you are facing a custody battle, you need an experienced Decatur, AL custody lawyer on your side.
What is Custody Law in Decatur?
Custody law is the legal process by which a parent or guardian is given the responsibility for the care of a minor child.
In most cases, custody is awarded to one of the child’s parents, but it can also be awarded to another family member, such as a grandparent.
There are two types of custody: physical and legal. Physical custody gives the custodial parent the right to have the child live with them.
Legal custody, on the other hand, gives the custodial parent the right to make decisions about the child’s welfare, including education and medical care.
In some cases, one parent may be awarded sole physical custody, while both parents share legal custody. In other cases, both parents may share physical and legal custody.
Benefits of Working With a Decatur, AL Custody Lawyer
There are many benefits of working with a Decatur, AL custody lawyer at The Lackey Law Firm including:
- We will listen to your story and help you understand your legal options.
- We will explain the custody process in detail and help you prepare for what to expect.
- We will aggressively advocate for your rights as a parent.
- We will work tirelessly to achieve the best possible outcome for your family.
Find a Decatur, AL Custody Lawyer Today!
The Lackey Law Firm is ready to provide you with the experienced and dedicated legal representation that you need to win your custody case.
Are you ready to get the legal representation you deserve? Contact us today to begin working with a Decatur, AL Custody Lawyer!